Inés of My Soul by Isabel AllendeMy rating: 2 of 5 stars
I do love an Isabel Allende book and this story is interesting and fascinating but somehow it doesn't live up to her previous book. Isabel has a soft spot for well developped female characters and it's something that makes me like her even more but I think that this time she over did it. The only fully developed character it the leading one, dona Ines Suarez and its not fully unexpected since this is supposed to be a memoir but I would like to have some more developped characters even if they were female. This book feels like Ines is the one real thing and everyone else it doesn't matter, they are simply shadows that pass through her life/story. At least Ines was a hell of a woman.
Ohh, and the Felipe storyline is absolutely predictable up to acertain point. I mean I knew from the moment I first read i that he had something to do with a certain incident in Santiago.
View all my reviews
Comments
Post a Comment