Interesting story especially because it is true.The character of Eastern Jewel Is well written with no effort to represent her as a victim of the situations.She was just cold heart bitch with a more than healthy appetite for sex.However, I was not caught up by her neather by the book.Interesting but not something special.I think it would make a better movie especialy if it emphasizes the sex scenes which are not well written in the book.There are some references to sex no describes at all which is something silly if you think that after all it talks of a Chinese spy working for Japan, who was obsessed with sex from a very early aged and used it in order to achieve everything.She even worked as a prostitute for a period in her life and she was so happy as she tells.
I did like the ending of the book though and the way it leaves it up to you to decide if Eastern Jewel had a heart after all.If you ask me not a chance in hel, but then again I always liked a person with a steady character.
It has the potential of becoming a nice movie much nicer than the book if someone gives it a shot.
Comments
Post a Comment